Copyright ©2017 Howse & Thompson, P.A. Attorneys At Law
Jake Grassel focuses his practice on representation of individuals and businesses, providing counsel to lower middle-market businesses, advising on real estate transactions and litigation.
Prior to joining Howse & Thompson, P.A., Jake worked for both a small early-stage business and in the legal department of a Fortune 500 company. Having spent time working in the business community enables Jake to more intimately understand the challenges and opportunities business owners and operators face and more precisely tailor his counsel.
Jake has successfully represented numerous clients in both State and Federal District Court, the Minnesota Court of Appeals, the Minnesota Supreme Court, and in hearings before the Minnesota State Legislature, county commissions and city councils.
Areas of practice include:
- Business Law, including:
- Entity selection and formation
- Shareholder/Partner relation agreements
- Employment agreements, including non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Debt and equity financing
- Distribution and sales agreements
- Acquisition of equipment and real property through purchase or lease agreement
- Corporate Restructuring
- Succession Planning
- Business dispute agreements
- Nonprofit corporation real estate representation and tax appeals
- Real Estate, Zoning and Land Use
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Estate Planning
U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D., 2009
Bethel University, 2005, B.A. Business (Finance and Marketing)